Student registrations for last year's Rails Girls Summer of Code closed 7th of June, 2013.
We received applications from all over the world!
Congratulations for being accepted into Rails Girls Summer of Code go out to the following teams!
- Carla (Australia) and Anja (Germany) to work on: Sinatra and Farm Subsidy Open Government Data
- Cecilia (Argentinia) and Mayn (Norway) to work on: Open Source Job Board
- Jaqcueline Homan (USA) and Angela Ebirim (UK) to work on Hackety Hack
- Jen and Joyce (both USA) to work on: Bundler
- Laura and Adriana (both Colombia) to work on: Rails (Conductor)
- Magdalena (Poland) to work on: impress.js
- Maja and Nina (both Slovenia) to work on: Spree
- Nicole (Germany) and Laura (USA) to work on: RailsApps and Rubinius
- Sakshi and Pallavi (both India) to work on: Diaspora
- Wiktoria and Alicja (both Poland) to work on: Species+
(ordered alphabetically, not by ranking)
If you have applied and your team is not on this list - don’t worry. That does
not mean your summer can’t be a Summer of Code! Here is what you can do:
1) Join the program as a volunteering student / team
If you want to work on your project without monetary support, then please tell
us. We will automatically accept you into the program and you’ll get all the
benefits like access to remote support chat rooms, supervision, visibility to
the community etc.
2) Cross your fingers
We are trying to raise more money for the campaign and hope that we will be able
to offer some extra last-minute slots. If we have sufficient budget, we will do
another selection round next week.
Please tell us if there’s a deadline on which you’d need to be notified at the
latest so you can still start working on your project on July 1st (some of you
might need extra time to prepare).
Also, if you were planning to work on a project that was also chosen by a team
from the ones listed above, please update your application.
3) Get involved with your local communities
If you don’t want to stick to a strict coding program, but want to continue
getting more into code, we can help you form project groups for coding, find
user groups, organize Hackdays, Summer Camps etc. If you get in touch we will
try connect you and help with this.