About Rails Girls Summer of Code
So what is Rails Girls Summer of Code all about?
Rails Girls Summer of Code is a global fellowship program aimed at bringing more diversity into Open Source. Successful applicants are paid a monthly stipend, from July-September, to work on Open Source projects of their choice.
Rails Girls Summer of Code is about helping newcomers to the world of programming further expand their knowledge and skills, by contributing to a worthwhile Open Source project. The focus is not on producing highly sophisticated code, but rather participants learning transferable skills from their project work.
Rails Girls Summer of Code is a not-for-profit organization that operates solely on the generous donations of sponsors, and individuals from the community.
Help make Open Source a better place for everyone.
We want to provide a safe space for everyone involved. Please read our Code of Conduct.
Get in touch
For more information regarding project ideas, coaching, or participating as a student, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in sponsoring, you can send an email to email@example.com.
- Social Media: Follow Rails Girls Summer of Code on Twitter and find us on Facebook.
- Social Coding: And of course we are also on GitHub.
How to get involved
- Become an organizer: To help with the organizing of RGSoC, please join our Organizers mailing list.
- Become a coach: You are a developer and want to support a team of students? Find all the information about working side-by-side with students on their project.
- Become a Coaching Company: Your company is passionate about Open Source and has space and developer time to spare for a team? Find out how to become a Coaching Company.
- Become a Project Mentor: You are core contributor to a great Open Source project and want to give students the opportunity to work on it? Read all about what it means to mentor an RGSoC team.
- Become a Supervisor: Are you keen on directly supporting 1-2 teams with their organizational and non-coding issues and provide moral support? Check what it takes to become a supervisor.
- Become a Sponsor: You want to support our mission of getting more women working on Open Source projects? Find out how all about our sponsor packages and perks.
- Donate: Be one of the people who are making Rails Girls Summer of Code a reality, through their individual donations.